Re: Tungsten E can't sync

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 19:27, Andrew Cleasby wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 19:07 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 17:35, Andrew Cleasby wrote:
> > >  Also, there is anything more or interesting in the system log, beyond
> > > what dmesg shows, during the time window I was trying this.

AFAICS from the log messages you've sent, it seems gpilotd is not
managing any communication with the palm.  The corba stuff means
it's waiting to get the device id from the palm, but fails.
I'm running out of ideas!

Can you do:
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
while attempting a sync - i.e. after pressing the hotsync button and
before the palm gives up.  This should confirm the presence of your
Tungsten.

See
http://wiki.pilot-link.org/title/README.debugging
for info on producing more debugging messages.

Matt