Calendar sync crashes handheld

Problem: whenever I try to sync with the ECalendar conduit, my handheld
crashes and the HotSync process cannot finish.

Platform: Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.04, kernel 2.6.10-5-386, Evolution 2.2.1.1,
gnome-pilot 2.0.12, Palm Tungsten T3 (OS5).
The same problem happened before on my machine when I was using Fedora
Core 2 with Evolution 2.0.

Additional info: I already tried cleaning out and re-importing
Evolution's calendar data as hinted on this list before. I am available
for any further info/suggestion. I could also fill in a bugzilla report
if necessary/helpful.

Thanks in advance,

--
Silvio Moioli