Re: Tungsten E can't sync

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 17:35, Andrew Cleasby wrote:
> I'd say the messages displayed are of the "non-specific" variety.
> Here's the console output of gpilotd-control-applet:
> ** Message: No pilot cradle information located
> ** Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset
> gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
>
> The 'Message' lines repeat 6 or 7 times.
>
> >From dmesg, I see the following:
> hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.1-2, assigned address 6
> usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter
> detected
> usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter
> now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
> usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter
> now attached to ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)
>
> Which leads me to believe all is well on the kernel side of the
> house...supported by the fact that JPilot functions without problems.
> I tried changing the timeout to 100 with no luck.

Bummer.

It does look like the kernel side is ok; I'm surprised you aren't seeing
more gpilotd messages.  Try firing up gpilotd in a console window before
starting the control-applet - this may reveal more messages:

        killall gpilotd
        /usr/libexec/gpilotd

and in another terminal:
        gpilotd-control-applet

Send in the console messages for gpilotd and the applet.

Are you getting any connection messages from gpilotd.  Any timeout
message?

>  Also, there is anything more or interesting in the system log, beyond
> what dmesg shows, during the time window I was trying this.

What??  Couldn't parse that sentence.

Matt

Matt Davey        How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Put it in the oven until its Bill Withers.