Re: Tungsten E can't sync

Matt Davey wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 16:04, Andrew Cleasby wrote:

I'm having trouble syncing from Evolution with my Tungsten E.

Any specific (or non-specific...) errors being displayed?
What are you seeing the system log file?  You should be
seeing messages from the kernel visor module, at least.

If you search this list for "Tungsten", you'll see that a timeout
problem on connecting was solved by setting the 'timeout' from
2 secs to 100secs. (there's a bug in the version of pilot-link
used in gnome-pilot 2.0.12, where the timeout is effectively
interpreted as milliseconds instead of seconds...)

Note that the PIM applications on the Tungsten are, as far as I know,
not fully supported in evolution... search the list, including
a December 13th last posting by David Desrosiers.

Matt
Matt Davey		I do not know myself, and God forbid
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	   that I should.  -- Johann von Goethe

I'd say the messages displayed are of the "non-specific" variety.  Here's the console output of gpilotd-control-applet:
** Message: No pilot cradle information located
** Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset
gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon

The 'Message' lines repeat 6 or 7 times.

>From dmesg, I see the following:
hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.1-2, assigned address 6
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter detected
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)

Which leads me to believe all is well on the kernel side of the house...supported by the fact that JPilot functions without problems.
I tried changing the timeout to 100 with no luck.  Also, there is anything more or interesting in the system log, beyond what dmesg shows, during the time window I was trying this.

I'm not too concerned with all of the apps being supported for sync, as long as the calendar is...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew