Re: Zire 72 under Evolution (Ximians)

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 22:42, Binerf wrote:

> When compilation is ended, I move the new gpilotd binary in /usr/bin/
> directory to replace the old one.

my first guess is that this is your problem.  The gnome-pilot sources
default to installing in /usr/local, so that's where your gpilotd is
looking for the conduits.  Your installed conduits are almost certainly
below /usr (in /usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/).  Try recompiling with
"./configure --prefix=/usr; make".

If you are on an RPM-based system it is usually best to work from the
source rpm.  The basic steps for rolling your own rpm are:
1. install the source rpm: "rpm -i package-version.src.rpm"
2. unpack the source tarball that comes with it:
	"rpmbuild -bp package.spec"
   where the spec file has been installed at step 1,
   typically in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS on redhat/fedora systems.
3. edit the source, in .../BUILD/ and create a patch file that you
   can add to the .../SOURCES directory.
4. add the patch file to the .spec file, and bump the rpm version number
(maybe with a minor version).
5. finally "rpmbuild --rebuild package.spec" should create new binary
rpms that you can install on your system.

Matt
--
Matt Davey		It takes one drink to get me drunk, but I can't
matt corvil com 	     remember if it's the 13th or 14th -- George Burns