Re: Zire 72 under Evolution (Ximians)

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 22:08, Binerf wrote:
> Is Zire 72 recognized by gnome-pilot ?

I don't believe so.  Check your system logs, but I believe the Zire 72
has a product ID of '61'.  From a quick look at the source, I think
gnome-pilot only recognises the older Zire product ID of 70.  See March
postings to the list re. the Treo 600.

Unfortunately, gnome-pilot has a hard-coded list of supported devices
and can't be configured to recognise your device at runtime.

Clearly gnome-pilot ought to accept a list of vendor/product IDs of new
devices at runtime, just like the usb_serial kernel module.
Alternatively, it could take the dodgier jpilot approach and watch
/dev/pilot (and symlinks) to see when a USB device appears.

If I had a USB device this'd be a problem I'd be happy to work on.

Till then, if you want to add support for your Zire, find the product id
(see the system log) and add support to the gpilotd.c source file.

Matt
--
Matt Davey	  Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old;
matt corvil com 	     seek what they sought.  -- Basho