Re: Zire 72 under Evolution (Ximians)

> I don't believe so.  Check your system logs, but I believe the Zire 72
> has a product ID of '61'.  From a quick look at the source, I think
> gnome-pilot only recognises the older Zire product ID of 70.  See March
> postings to the list re. the Treo 600.
Yes, it's true: Zire 72 has a product ID of '61'.

> Unfortunately, gnome-pilot has a hard-coded list of supported devices
> and can't be configured to recognise your device at runtime.
>
> Clearly gnome-pilot ought to accept a list of vendor/product IDs of new
> devices at runtime, just like the usb_serial kernel module.
So, I've recompiled gnome-pilot afer added a new line in gpilotd.c for
my Palm Zire 72:
        "Vendor=0830 ProdID=0061", /* Palm Zire 72 */

When compilation is ended, I move the new gpilotd binary in /usr/bin/
directory to replace the old one.

The next test is better than first one but I've a new problem with
conduit; if I don't configure any conduit, no problem (user
authentication, after synchro (nothing is done I think ?), then small
clean) but if I configure a conduit (any conduit), I've an error box
with a message like this one:
Unknown conduit "" (if test conduit is configured to be synchronised)

How to correct this new problem please ?

Thank you for help.

Matt