Re: Failing sync with treo 650 on Fedora Core 3

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 16:17 -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> 	I recall a situation where I had to hand-edit the timeout
> value in the gnome-pilot configuration file to go higher than the
> default of 100. I set it to 400, and it worked fine.

Weird. I set it to 500, and it worked. I set it back to 5, and it still
worked.

With one other change, I managed to get things going. The Treo 650 has a
weird, unreadable file called "Shim Logs" that breaks the backup
conduit. I changed the ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d/backup-conduit file to
have this line:

        exclude_files=Shim\ Logs

Now everything seems pretty much fine, although the Evolution address
book synchronizer is a little squirrelly, creating duplicate records and
duplicate values in the same record under some circumstances. I had a
small enough set of contacts entered in the Treo that it wasn't horrible
to sort out, but those with a lot of Treo contacts should make sure to
back things up properly before syncing with evolution.

Thanks for all your help,

William

--
William Pietri <william scissor com>