Re: Failing sync with treo 650 on Fedora Core 3

I'm using Debian, and do not have any rpm packages right now. I do not use the Debian packages for the kernel either, though I use them for many other things.

I simply choose my kernel options, and build it. I tried some of the debian packages, but was not content. The bad news is, I run into situations like the one I'm in. I upgraded to 2.6.9 and can no longer synch with the usb port. I do not know if this is a bug in the kernel code, or a build option I'm overlooking. As of the last time I dug into this, last weekend, there was not a lot of chatter about this on the various mail lists etc. (using google searches).

I should dig through the patch info on the kernel.org site more thoroughly to see if something is there.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Hey, do you know what options were selected to create those rpms that made them work?

Tom Lamm

On 12/05/04 13:33:44, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> I hate to show my ignorance, but sometimes that's the only way to
> overcome it.  You said, "using the .config from 687 or 681", what do
> you mean? I dug through the kernel.org site, looking at patches,
> incremental releases, etc., but did not see them listed by that
> numbering scheme.

	rpm -qa | grep kernel

	You should be running some sort of 2.6.9 kernel with a package
number of 687 or 681, depending on where you sourced your kernel rpms
from. You'll need to either back down to 667 (I think), or build your
own 2.6.9 from source, using the config for the kernel you ARE running
stored in /boot (just copy it to your kernel source dir as .config,
run a 'make oldconfig' and build the kernel as you normally would).

David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com