Re: SNAFU: Incomplete installs, no conduits available, precompiled packages not working

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 02:34, Lars Weissflog wrote:
> It is partially fixed if one uses only three sources in the
> sources.list:
>
> #### this is woody himself
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US  main contrib
>
> #### woody security updates
> deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
>
> #### Gnome 2.2 backport to woody
> deb
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/
> deb-src
> http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/
>

> If this ^^^^^^ is the contents of the sources.list,
> evolution-1.4.5-0jds1 gets installed, together with all required
> packages.
> But my problem with not having the pilot-conduits / syncing up persists.
> Please Help!

This got fixed after purging all
- gnome-pilot
- gnome-pilot-conduits
- evolution
- libgnome-pilot*
- pilot-link
from the system, manually deleting all configuration files in
~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d (just do a "updatedb" and then a "locate gpilotd
| more" and "locate gnome-pilot | more" and "locate evolution | more"
and decide what files found than are left-overs. Delete them by hand)

Afterwards, I reinstalled Jamies -0jds1 Packages for Evolution-1.4.5,
gnome-pilot-2.0.10, gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.10, pilot-link-0.11.8 (all
from -0jds1 backport version) and the libgnome-pilot.

Finally, setting up my pilot from scratch with gpilotd-control-applet
led to a working configuration.

Uff. Sigh.  Me is a happy Being for now.

Regards
Lars

--
Lars  Weissflog