Re: Problem synching Handspring Treo 180g over USB

I had done similar to what you suggested, re: multiple terminal windows.  Here is what I recorded for your reference:

gpilotd terminal window...
[dcvet Terminator dcvet]$ /usr/libexec/gpilotd --oaf-activ
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.9 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

** at this point, I would invoke the gnome-control-center in another terminal
** and the following messages appear

gpilotd-Message: Client seems ok
gpilotd-Message: Client seems ok
gpilotd-Message: monitor_on(pilot_name="MyPilot",client_id = IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: corba: notify_on(event_type=CONNECT,callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: corba: notify_on(event_type=DISCONNECT,callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)

** the above are new messages generated when I started up the
** gnome-control-center in the other terminal

gpilotd-Message: Shutting down devices
gpilotd-Message: Rereading configuration...
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

** the above messages were generated after disabling the memo
** conduit

gpilotd-Message: Shutting down devices
gpilotd-Message: Rereading configuration...
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)
gpilotd-Message: Shutting down devices
gpilotd-Message: Rereading configuration...
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

** the above messages were generated after re-enabling the memo
** conduit - don't know why it's repeated, but it is

gnome-control-center terminal window...

[dcvet Terminator dcvet]$ gnome-control-center
** Message: Pilot name -> MyPilot
** Message: Pilot id   -> 22359
** Message: Pilot username -> David M. Cvet
** Message: Pilot creation/rom = 0/0
** Message: Cradle Type -> USB
** Message: cradle device name -> Cradle
** Message: cradle device name -> /dev/pilot
** Message: Pilot Speed  -> 57600
** Message: Timeout -> 45
gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
** Message: pilot = MyPilot
** Message: Pilot name -> MyPilot
** Message: Pilot id   -> 22359
** Message: Pilot username -> David M. Cvet
** Message: Pilot creation/rom = 0/0
** Message: Cradle Type -> USB
** Message: cradle device name -> Cradle
** Message: cradle device name -> /dev/pilot
** Message: Pilot Speed  -> 57600
** Message: Timeout -> 45

** the above messages were generated after the gnome-control-center
** was started which generated the messages indicated above in the
** other terminal
** note, disabling the memo conduit did not generate any messages
** from the gnome-control-center

memo-file-conduit-Message: creating memo_file conduit
memo-file-conduit-Message: create_settings_window
memo-file-conduit-Message: save_settings

** the above messages generated after enabling the memo conduit
** Note: memo conduit never worked, but its behaviour in terms of
** enabling/disabling is the same as the other conduits that did work
** before the patches were applied

[dcvet Terminator dcvet]$

** once the settings window was closed, I came back to the command prompt
Does this help in determining the problem?  The inability to sync while the above were active did nothing to generate any error messages.

/dc