Re: Problem synching Handspring Treo 180g over USB

Am Son, 2003-07-06 um 19.31 schrieb Christopher Ness:

[rearranged]

> > > Good point. No, I'm running 2.4.20. I'll try upgrading to 2.4.21.
> >
> > Botting 2.4.21 seems to have helped against the crash (1 sync, no need
> > to reboot). I can still only sync with gnome-control-center open,
> > though.
>
> Have you tried running gpilotd in a terminal and see what it outputs
> when you sync?  I think gpilotd lives in /usr/libexec/ for me in XD2/RH
> 9.
>
> I've been lurking on this thread, but try that.  My Memo Conduit is
> broken and makes the whole thing hang so I disabled that conduit and all
> is well again.

It's in /opt/gnome2/libexec.

When gnome-control-center is not running it says (translating from
German from my memory - I had to reboot, cf. my other message): Can't
establish connection to Pilot

With gnome-control-center, the sync started. When the Treo signalled
that the sync was over, the workstation froze again.