Re: Problem synching Handspring Treo 180g over USB

Am Son, 2003-07-06 um 23.19 schrieb David A. Desrosiers:

> > With gnome-control-center, the sync started. When the Treo signalled that
> > the sync was over, the workstation froze again.
>
> 	Are you sure you're not running KPilot or something there at the
> same time as gnome-control-center/gpilotd?

% ps -ef | grep -i pilot
maeder    2290  1998  0 07:33 pts/1    00:00:00 grep -i pilot

When the PDA applet of gnome-control-center has been run, there's an
additional gpilotd process.

> 	Try this: kill gpilotd, make sure it's killed off, and hit HotSync
> on your Palm, _and do nothing else_. Do you hear the tweedle-dee noise?

No.

> Does it seem like it is trying to connect and sync?

The Treo is saying it's trying to connect and sync; after the typical
timeout, it says that it couldn't get a connection.

> If so, then you have some
> other daemon or application listening on the port, waiting for connections.
> KPilot is one possibility. VMWare with Windows up is another (I can
> personally attest to having this screw me up on more than one occasion).

I have never run VMWare on this workstation. I may have looked at KPilot
at some time, but it's definitely not running now; see the ps output
above.

> 	Does pilot-link work with this device, with gpilotd killed off?

No. A gpilotd process is a necessary, but not sufficient (as
gnome-control-center has to be open) requirement.