Crashing Palm m130

I hate to join this list just to question, but I've scoured google and the message board for my own Distro (Gentoo) to no avail and I've tried a bunch of things (different versions of software and a kernel upgrade to 2.4.21) and still... I can only sync under weird circumstances.

Lemme give a short layout of things:

1. Palm m130
2. Kernel 2.4.21
3. hotplug
4. Gnome 2.2
5. pilot-link 0.11.7
6. gnome-pilot 2.0.9
7. gnome-pilot-conduits 2.0.9
8. Connectecting at /dev/usb/tts/0

I'm running and AthlonXP on a SiS 745 board (which means I'm using OHCI and not UHCI). If this makes any difference, I'm also using nVidia's drivers for my GeForce4.

The ONLY way I can get Gnome pilot to sync with my palm is (and this is after configuring things manually because I couldn't get it to retrieve my ID) right after I hit "startx" and Gnome starts to load, I hit hotsync and when the applet loads, everything syncs just fine. (Except my memos, but that seems to be a frequent issue for a lot of people. Is there a fix yet?)

If I hit hotsync again, it just times out. Nothing happens. However, if I hit hotsync and then right click the applet and restart the daemon, it'll sync sometimes. Usually it hard locks X and I have to reboot.

The thing that gets me is that j-pilot and pilot-link on its own works just fine. gnome-pilot is the only program I'm having any problems with.

Any ideas? And I'll be happy to provide any further information on the matter.