Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

> you're on crack. step away from the keyboard and noone will get hurt

	Excuse me, wrong, and I resent the insult.

	Run ksymoops on your kernel log, and you will see the visor driver
has silently crashed the kernel 19 times at that interface, leaving 19
instances of the driver "hung" in limbo.

	We've seen this _thousands_ of times before, and the author of that
exact driver has confirmed it and his suggestion is to upgrade the kernel to
a version which does not suffer from this problem, namely 2.4.20 or higher,
or the latest 2.5 series (though the latter requires special tools to build
and run properly, it's not the same as 2.4 or earlier 2.5 kernels).

d.