Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:46:15 -0500 (EST) "David A. Desrosiers"
<hacker gnu-designs com> wrote:

>        Run ksymoops on your kernel log, and you will see the visor
>driver
>has silently crashed the kernel 19 times at that interface, leaving 19
>instances of the driver "hung" in limbo.

>        We've seen this _thousands_ of times before, and the author of
>that
>exact driver has confirmed it and his suggestion is to upgrade the
>kernel to
>a version which does not suffer from this problem, namely 2.4.20 or
>higher,
>or the latest 2.5 series (though the latter requires special tools to
>build
>and run properly, it's not the same as 2.4 or earlier 2.5 kernels).

In that case, I'm probably going to be living with this issue for a
bit.  Or I'm just going to be using pilot-xfer for now.  I'm a fair
newbie to Linux, and I'm not nearly up to recompiling the kernel yet.  I
think I'll be waiting for RedHat to release an RPM with an updated
kernel for the moment, unless my comfort-level with this increases
drasticly first.