Re: Issue setting up Sync with Handspring Visor Deluxe

On 2003.02.13 11:09:44 +0000 David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> > 'visor' driver is loaded. If there is anything but '0' in the "Used By"
> > column for that module, you'll need to upgrade your kernel.

> Here's what I'm showing (of course, there's a lot I've snipped...)
>
> Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
> visor                  12008  19

> ...does this suggest anything?

	This suggests your kernel has crashed 19 times, total. Please

you're on crack. step away from the keyboard and noone will get hurt

this means visor.o reports there are 19 clients hanging from the serial
port. this obviously means something is wrong, my guess is gpilotd is
opening the serial port, visor times out and disconnects from usb,
gpilotd can't close the port, you stop/resume, repeat.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds