Re: stuck again with gpilotd, sony clie sj30 and usb

Dear David,

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 02:05, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> 	Did you use --with-perl and --with-tcl? ./configure --help might
> help in finding the answers to those. We don't "search" for them in $PATH,
> so you have to explicitly enable them.

no I did not. I'll try that later.

> > Shouldn't the system auto-load uhci.o whenever visor or usbcore or
> > *usb*-modules are loaded? How can my system believe it could do USB-things
> > without loading a driver for the uhci-chip-stuff at least?
>
> 	Did you put uhci/usb-uhci in /etc/modules? Did you modprobe visor?

no I did not, but modprobing "visor" now loads all just as it should.

> > Though this looks nice, I don't understand why uhci is (unused). If Visor
> > was loading but didn't work without it, than uhci should now be used by
> > visor, shouldn't it? Anyway, this works now and I can do pilot-xfer.
>
> 	Ok, so far so good.
Exactly.

> 	You need to mount usbdevfs, as detailed in the README.usb in the
> pilot-link ./doc subdirectory.

Sorry, but there is NOTHING about usbdevfs in that file. No single
occurance of "mount" or "devfs" or "usbdev". Is it somewhere between the
lines or am I blind / Is gedit's "search"-function unreliable? I don't
think either of that is true. What should be in there? could you pass me
a copy of your README.usb, maybe it's in there?

Sorry again, but I'm really STUCK.

Regards
Lars