Re: gnome-pim confusion

Vadim Strizhevsky <vadim@optonline.net> writes:

> I'm cc calendar-list because this concerns changes to gnomecard and
> needs to be approved by gnome-pim maintainers. Perhaps this can even
> make it into gnome-pim 1.2?

I sure hope so!

> Just to update everyone, Alan is suggesting adding support of REV
> field to gnomecard, so that every time card is updated the new REV
> (current date-time) is saved. This will allow pilot conduit to know
> when the record was modified. I think this was tossed around before,
> but no one (well I didn't ;) wanted to bother implementing it at a time.

I'm in the process of implementing it right now.  The reading support
was already there, except that it doesn't appear to support the entire
spec for timezones.  It wasn't saving records at all, but I've got
that.  Right now, if you hit apply in the dialog, it'll add the REV
field.

I haven't (yet) allowed display of the field yet.  I'm not quite sure
where to do that yet.

In any case, unless there's something against having it, I'm willing
to implement it (and reimp it until I get it right).

268 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes, 56 till we run away.
"I am AndyRooney of Borg... You ever wonder WHY resistance is futile?"