RE: gnome-pim confusion

Alan Shutko writes:
 > So, my questions are these:
 >
 > *  How do I get access to a stable anoncvs mirror?  It looks like I'm
 >    alternating between two, one of which is hopelessly out of date.

No idea, but you probably right. one of the servers is behind. Perhaps
asking on one of the gnome lists about this is a good idea.

 > *  Is gnome-pim supposed to compile these days?  8^)

Well it supposed to. But firstly gnome-pim HEAD currently needs
gnome-pilot HEAD, but as of last night gnome-pilot HEAD is
broken. ESKIL!!!! ;) We'll make sure it compiles again soon.

 > *  Do other people to see the problem of changing the phone number in
 >    gnomecard and not seeing it updated on the pilot?  I did save
 >    and quit before syncing, and have tried both fast and slow syncs.
 >    Changes on the pilot get synced to gnomecard.

Known missing feature in gnomecard/address-conduit. gnome-card doesn't
keep a state of records. So there's no way to know if a record was
edited or deleted.  And it doesn't matter which sync you do. So
behavior you're seeing is correct for current state, but obviously not
what we want eventually. This is mentioned in our ever growing FAQ in
http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/FAQ.html

-Vadim