Re: gnome-pim confusion

Vadim Strizhevsky <vadim@optonline.net> writes:

> I should mention than any suggestions or patches on how to fix this
> are extremely welcomed.

I got it!

RFC2426 describes the REV type, which is a single date-time value used
to distinguish the current revision of a card from any others.  In
other words, it's last-changed!  Keep track of when you last synced
the pilot (we do this already, right?), compare REV, and you got it.

Specifically, since REV might be there on imported records:

if ((uid && rev > last_sync) || !uid)
   sync();

GnomeCard will need to be extended to update this info, yes.  But
that's ok, because last-changed is useful for humans as well.

What do you think?

269 days, 1 hours, 17 minutes, 46 till we run away.
Sign on baby's bib:  SPIT HAPPENS.