gnome-pim confusion

I'm trying to use the conduits in gnome-pim with a CVS gnome-pilot.
Sounds great.  I actually got them working, and noticed that if I
change the phone number in a gnomecard entry, it doesn't update the
record in the pilot.  Oops!

So I go to update my gnome-pim source to see if it's been fixed (and
otherwise, check if I can figure it out).  Lots of things patched.  We
no longer compile.  gncal/calendar-conduit-control-applet.c is looking
for gpilotd/gnome-pilot-client.h, which I don't have.

This is with revision 1.10 of the file.  It seems that when I
cvs-update gncal/calendar-conduit-control-applet.c (example file to
demonstrate error), half the time I get revision 1.9, half the time I
get revision 1.10.

This is annoying.

So, my questions are these:

*  How do I get access to a stable anoncvs mirror?  It looks like I'm
   alternating between two, one of which is hopelessly out of date.

*  Is gnome-pim supposed to compile these days?  8^)

*  Do other people to see the problem of changing the phone number in
   gnomecard and not seeing it updated on the pilot?  I did save
   and quit before syncing, and have tried both fast and slow syncs.
   Changes on the pilot get synced to gnomecard.

269 days, 18 hours, 6 minutes, 46 till we run away.
VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears