Re: Address book now (was Re: Calendar stuff)

Vadim Strizhevsky <vadim@optonline.net> writes:

> Bruce Stephens writes:
>  > OK.  Here's a complete entry synched using up to date cvs of
>  > gnome-pilot (and gnome-pim, for that matter) as of about an hour ago:
>
> Just to make sure, did you comple compile gnome-pim after
> compiling/installing gnome-pilot? That's very important. Also make
> sure that gnome-pim is not picking up older gnome-pilot
> headers. E.g. if you installed gnome-pilot-devel.rpm with headers in
> /usr/include and than did newer gnome-pilot from cvs with make
> install to /usr/local/include.  you'll be screwed with possibly
> different structure sizes... I'd remove the gnome-pilot rpms (and
> gnome-pim-conduits) if you still have them and do clean build.

I'm using a fairly up to date Debian unstable (without much Gnome
stuff, and certainly not gnome-pilot (because it doesn't exist)), and
I'm compiling and installing the Gnome stuff separately.

In an effort to get things in a reasonably comparable state, I'm
rebuilding again with things from CVS:

glib, GLIB_1_2_6
gtk+, GTK_1_2_6
imlib, IMLIB_1_9_7
ORBit, ORBIT_0_5_0
gnome-libs, gnome-libs-1-0
gnome-core, gnome-core-1-0
gnome-pilot, HEAD
gnome-pim, HEAD

This is all compiled with the current gcc package, which says it's
2.95.2.  (gcc-2.95.2-3, for what it's worth.)

I tried to compile with gcc272, but glib failed, so it'll have to be
gcc-2.95.2.

I'll report how it goes.  Any other ideas of how I can track this down
(and help fix it, if it turns out to be a bug)?  I guess I could get
tarballs of the non-pilot, non-pim stuff---that would help, I guess?
Installing rpms is a bit inconvenient; I'd rather avoid that.

[...]