Address book now (was Re: Calendar stuff)

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

> The address book conduit appears to work,

Hmm, I spoke too soon.  This also seems a bit unstable.  It more or
less works if I add a record on the Palm: when I synch, I get
basically the right information in the GNOME address book, with the
occasional spurious control characters and odd text (for example
"N:Simpso;Roy & MargaretMenu. Then tap Options9" was one line).  Then,
if I edit out the junk, and synch again, things seem to stabilize.

But just now, the address book seemed to be so junkified that the
address book wouldn't read it at all, so I had to edit it by hand.

Adding an entry in the GNOME address book just doesn't seem to work: I
get an empty record on the Palm with what look like control characters
added after the name.

Er, what's going on?  Where's the corruption happening?  (i.e., if
this is all working for everyone else, which program should I
recompile?)

[...]