Re: [Breakage!] Red Hat packaging

Ps, just so u guys know, since i think that the spec files as they are now on the ftp.gnome.org server are... well...dangerous, ive decided to rewrite them. As basis i have taken the spec files from rawhide/gnomehide, and modified them for proper versions, taken out redhat specific patches, and added proper dependencies where available (to my best of knowledge).

this way you also get the proper dual gnome 1 / 2 setup (for base libs), and proper warnings if your gnome 1 versions are to old (gnome libs, libglade, etc).

I gues when im done, ill go raid bugzilla, and post bugs for each gnome 2 component, with the new spec file attached... If maintainers can intergrate them into the cvsroot of their module, preferable in such a way that they use a .spec.in, we would @least have a basic building system next release!

    -- Chris

Ross Golder wrote:
What good is a shedload of specfiles unless tied to a particular
checkout or tarball source? There's only one place to maintain spec
files, and that's along with the packages in question (imho).

I must admit, I had the same thought once, but decided it wouldn't do
much good.

--
Ross