Re: SPEC file for pkgconfig

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:56:47 +0100 (CET)
Chipzz <chipzz ULYSSIS Org> wrote:

> > Also, .bz2 is smaller than .gz ; )
>
> But .bz2 isn't consistently available on ftp.gnome.org for every package...
> Not even for gnome 1.4, so I fear the worst for gnome 2 alpha.

Now this may be something that we should consider, Can we get a consistent upload of .bz2 files together with the .gz files?  also, could be a good idea for the packagers of rpm's to add
%_source_payload        w9.bzdio
%_binary_payload        w9.bzdio
to their ~/.rpmmacros file, this will make the default compression bzip, at -9 for the binaries as well as the sources.

//Spider