Re: Red Hat packaging

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 19:55, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> I've got a Red Hat 7.0 machine here (256MB of ram, 1.33GHz Athlon) with
> most of the latest updates from Red Hat.  I'm building RPMs of all of
> the packages in this release, and I'll put them on ftp.gnome.org as soon
> as I'm done.

I've uploaded my rpms to the master (anonftp not available) server.  As
of right now, a sync is running, so ftp.gnome.org should be updated
soon.

> Checks:
> ========
Permissions, I might have some of the permissions screwed up, but I
  think I got all of the ownerships right.
/usr/share/doc/package-version  I think I might have either forgotten
  this completely, or left some things out of it on several rpms.  It
  needs to have at least COPYING ChangeLog, and the like.  I just looked
  at the root of the directory created by extracting the tarball to find
  the files needed.
explicit dependancies -- for the most part, I've removed any explicit
  Requires and BuildRequires lines, as I didn't have time to go through
  and figure them all out.  This isn't hard to do, just time consuming.
  If anybody wants some explicit instructions, let me know and I'll
  write them down.

Heh, that's enough from me for now, I'm going to take a break away from
the computer, but I'll be back in a few hours, ready to push some new
packages with all of the fixes that you folks tell me about.  Later!
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.