Re: GNOME Office Web Site

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 10:34 -0400, William O'Shea wrote:
> My offer to purchase the gnomeoffice.org domain still stands if
> Redhat or someone else will host it.

I'm pretty certain gnome.org will do the hosting.

> In regards to using a Wiki, if the issue is simply one of
> maintenance I will also be happy to do it, acting as a central
> contact point to the various developers and making the actual
> changes. I have passable web skills (i.e. I'm not a prof. web
> designer).

One of the big plusses of using a controlled wiki environment is that
developers wouldn't need a go-between to modify the content.

> As for the design itself I too prefer Charlie's basic layout,
> but I like the crisp look of Ryan's. For a site that I think
> we should try to emulate, I would think something like
> mozilla.org, but hopefully with a little better color selection.

I'm really impressed by Mozilla's new(ish) website.  It's leaps and
bounds better than the previous one, and we would be doing a good thing
by emulating some of their design philosophies.

> If it is wanted, and someone will host it, let me know and I will
> buy gnomeoffice.org.

It is wanted.  I, and others I'm sure, would be grateful if you could
buy it and point it at www.gnome.org/gnome-office for the moment.
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie vexi org>