Re: design update

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:42, Charles Goodwin wrote:

> > I've no other way of knowing what potentially-arbitrary distinctions
> > the designer might have made between different areas of the page, so
> > I have to spend time trying to learn the model.
>
> Have you seen the page and hence the context of these links?

Yes, I've seen the page and the context... but a visitor who hasn't been
privy to any of the design discussions would have no way of knowing for
certain whether the designer had decided to confine their use of black
links to navigation areas or not, other than rolling their mouse over a
few other black things just to make sure.

In other words, I know that you know it would be bad design to use black
links everywhere, but how does the user know that you know? :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group