Re: Inkscape now ships with tutorial - made in Inkscape!

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, David Bolack wrote:

> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 09:52:53 -0800
> From: David Bolack <dbolack electricmulch com>
> To: Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>,
>      Gnome Office <gnome-office-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: Inkscape now ships with tutorial - made in Inkscape!
>
> At 02:46 AM 2/15/2004, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> >I sniff presentation application ability.  A smart combination of this
> >and Abiword features and we might have a shortcut to a nifty
> >presentation application.
>
>    Is this a form of SMIL ?

Sometimes it is good to be verbose because it is very hard to know what
you mean by that question.  Hard to know what you are referrring to by
'this'

The tutorial is a straight up normal SVG file.

Abiword is a Word Processor but the Abiword developers are interested in
making a presentation program.  Abiword has been used by the developers in
fullscreen mode to give presentations at GUADEC.  For fully featured
structured presentation program as complex as Microsoft Powerpoint and
support its file format you would need the kind of piecetable
infrastructure behind Abiword to do it.

Abiword currently doesn't have SVG support (although there is a plugin
that will rasterize SVG and embed them as PNG) but developers have
expressed an interest in leveraging Inkscape to make Abiword even better.

- Alan