Re: design update

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 14:55, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> Could both of you post links to your proposals and some quick point
> form notes of why you think it rocks.  I'll bounce them off some web
> people as judges and post the result.

My design: http://www.charlietech.com/goffice

It rocks because:

 o  It's standards compliant (although this goes without saying)
    and cross-browser compatable looking good in all of them

 o  It scales beautifully between low (640x480) and high (1280x1024
    and probably higher) resolutions (note the way the screenshots
    move accordingly!)

 o  It's really clean with an emphasis making important parts
    catch the eye, getting the information quickly to the mind
    of the viewer

 o  It's graphically independent - just icons and a header which
    are simple to change and are so small that the effect on load
    time is barely noticable if at all

 o  It's very professional looking; we are aiming at a professional
    market in general (and geeks appreciate nice designs anyway)

 o  It's a tidy design, where the content is well separated from
    the layout so it's easy to update (the front page being a minor
    exception although nothing complicated) - the CSS does the work

 o  When you look at it you think positive thoughts...
    warm thoughts...  clear thoughts... you breathe deeply...
    relax... (Oh ok then I'll stop there!)

I'm sure I could think of more but I'd be really scraping the barrel and
the bottom line is that it's what _you_ think that matters and not my
incredibly biased opinion.  (Although I do my best to remain objective
on the list!)

I personally think it rocks, that it is constructed with a bit more
usability acumen than Ryan's design and hence more suited for our target
demographic.  But, again, that is my (arguably unqualifed) opinion and
not the one that counts.

Vote for Charlie for low taxes and extra welfare!

> Sound reasonable ?

It must do since I just replied. ;)
--
- Charlie