Re: design update

Charles Goodwin wrote:

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 18:14, Andy Korvemaker wrote:
2. I've heard some complaints about the color of the yellow background
for the headings in the sidebar. I don't mind the color as much, but it
is taken from the MS Office (office.microsoft.com) site. Are there
copyright issues here? It seems to me that there are. Parody of their
work is one thing. Using their designs to "sell" our own work is another.

It's my own design and you can't copyright a colour.  (The colours are
slightly different, anyway.)  I just like to add a 'contrast colour' to
a design to keep it from looking bland.  It just so happened that I
liked that orangey-yellow as a contrast colour. ;)
Tell that to the notice on my sister's Barbie CD-ROM software that says
"... and the color Barbie Pink are registered trademarks of Mattel, Inc.
used under license." :-O

On another subject, I would like to point out that:
1) My design is now doctyped as XHTML 1.0 Transitional at least (I haven't the nerve right now to try it at Strict right now...) 2) I have now checked on IE 6/WinXP, IE 6/Win98 (yes, they render differently), Mozilla Firebird, and IE 5/Mac (an entirely different animal), and all render my new layout correctly. (save for one PNG I need to re-save as non-transparent). Additionally, most design elements (the fancy hr bars, nav bar (horizontally, at least), etc), scale as the user increases or decreases font size, in order to ensure that users even on the most compromised platforms, (like Win 95/98 on old machines, for example, who often use AbiWord due to its compactness) can clearly view all content, and even recieve the vast majority of the "design" layout elements, as well.

I have resumed design work (and polished up the design quite a bit), and have filled out content as much as I know (save for the FAQ, which I just haven't had time to finish yet.).

Thank you for your consideration!
Ryan