What goes in gnome office ?

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 02:05:42PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > All:
> > Potential Gnome Office apps:
> >   gnumeric
> >   abiword
> >   dia
> >   sodipodi
> >   ask around for more
>
> MrProject (which is why I'm interested).
That seems like an excellent addition.

Lets get some of the divisive decisions out of the way.  I'll
tentatively suggest 'document centric application' as the deciding
point.  Using the web page as a starting point :

Definite Apps
    Abiword
    Gnumeric
    MrProject
    Presentation Program (To Be Written ?Achtung?)

Probable Apps
    SodiPodi
    Sketch
    DIA		- all are useful, and ideally one could form the
		  basis for the shared drawing layer.

    GnuCash	- Uses Guppi and has previously expressed interest

Possible Apps
    GIMP	- Damn good, but its large enough to stand on its
		  own.  Lets leave it up to them.  Almost certianly
		  not for 1.0.
    Evolution
    Balsa	- Might be nice to have an email client, but that
		  tends to get religious.
    Galeon	- Sweet application, not terribly office-ish.
    EOG		- Necessary ?
    ToutDoux	- How does this relate to MrProject ?
    GFax	- Office-ish ?

Definite Libs
    Guppi	- Lets treat this like a library for now
    libole
    wvware
    gnome-db	- I'll tentatively call this a library, no insult
    		  intended.