Re: What goes in gnome office ?

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 08:00, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 02:05:42PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > > All:
> > > Potential Gnome Office apps:
> > >   gnumeric
> > >   abiword
> > >   dia
> > >   sodipodi
> > >   ask around for more
> >
> > MrProject (which is why I'm interested).
> That seems like an excellent addition.
>
> Lets get some of the divisive decisions out of the way.  I'll
> tentatively suggest 'document centric application' as the deciding
> point.  Using the web page as a starting point :

Ok, just as a reference point, the following apps are included with some
version of MS Office.  (GO equivs in parens)

Word (AbiWord)
Excel (Gnumeric)
Outlook (Evolution)
Powerpoint (??)
Access (GNOME-DB, sort of)
FrontPage (??)
Publisher (??)
Project (MrProject)
Visio (Dia)
MapPoint (??)
Data Analyzer (Guppi?)
PhotoDraw (Gimp?)

I think that's in order of decreasing importance to MS, and to us too,
with the exception of the mail client, which we should leave out, IMO.
--
sam th						OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC

"Life is polynomial time." -- Laszlo Babai