Re: Common music database?

<quote who="Ross Burton">

> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:40 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> > So while concurrent access isn't a must-have feature, I think it would
> > be *very* desirable. In a discussion I had a few weeks ago with Jeff
> > Waugh, he mentioned a database called "ldb" or "lmdm" or something (I
> > can't remember exactly), which was similar to sqlite but had full
> > support for concurrent use.
>
> ldb (http://ldb.samba.org/), it's a layer on top of tdb that has an
> LDAP-like API.  Samba uses it as a lightweight LDAP backend.
>
> Jeff Waugh is Tridge's number one fanboy. ;)

Guys - thanks for raising it so I didn't have to (this time). ;-) tdb, which
sits under ldb, supports multi-read/multi-write. It would be more correct to
use tdb than ldb (which is an ldapish wrapper around tdb, to put it simply).

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

   "(Hint: IRC clients don't usually do DVD and VCD playback)." - Bastien
                                   Nocera