Common music database?
- From: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- To: gnome-multimedia gnome org
- Subject: Common music database?
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:30:13 -0800
I was hoping to start a thread on a common multimedia backend for
all the various players that we have. On the table, we have rhythmdb,
sqlite backends, and I think another using another embedded library.
By in large, it seems that sqlite is the most popular in backends in terms
of speed. What would be nice is to decide on what would be an acceptable
architecture for the backend and then move everyone to it.
* per user/per machine?
* Architecture to allow notifictions of db changes
Hopefully, people will support this effort.
] [Thread Prev