Re: Can Arts work on Gnome?

Thanks, Mike.

I know ALSA driver works well in Gnome (in fact, I currently config most
audio/video applications, such as Xmms, Mplayer, use ALSA driver
default). They work well seperately, but I can't make them work at the
same time ( listen songs through Xmms, watch movie by Mplayer ) because
1 application occupy the sound device, the other one just does not work.
That's why I'd like to use sound server daemon. I switched my Desktop to
KDE which use Arts sound driver, it seems work well (different
applications play sound at the same time, just mix all the sound there).

Gstreamer doesn't work on my Gnome. I can't figure out what's the
problem so far.

Polyaudio seems a good choice. I haven't test yet. It's not default
installed in Fedora Core 2/3.

Thanks, you guys.

Rocky