Re: Can Arts work on Gnome?

Hi,
If artsd is running using the artsd plugin should automatically output
sound to it, yes. The ALSA message you paste gives me the impression
that artsd has some problems with your ALSA setup for some reason.

GStreamer is the multimedia framework that a lot of GNOME apps use,
kinda like DirectShow on windows.

Christian