Re: Can Arts work on Gnome?

GStreamer have an artsd driver which would let you output to artsd
soundserver. I am not sure how well this plugin works atm, but I have
few/no bugreports on it. But if you go into preferences -> More
preferences and choose Multimedia systems selector you might find artsd
as one of the sound output options there if you have the artsd plugin
installed.

Christian