Re: Ideas and graph

<quote who="Guenter Bartsch">

> the config option complexity problem is beind addressed in the new api
> where each config option is associated with a "experience level" option so
> beginners will only see few config options while experts can still have
> full control over everything. i think nautilus for example uses a similar
> aproach.
>
> but i'm happy to see your aproach on this, of course :-)

Both Sawfish and Nautilus (the only Free Software I'm aware of that have
attempted this to any great extent) have ditched this concept, because it
was costly for both users, developers and in terms of support. That's why
GNOME 2.x is as it is -> slick, clean, no bullshit.

User interface experience levels make baby Jesus cry. :-)

- Jeff

--
    "Orphaned farm-boy hero helps save world against bad-guys, begins a
   journey of self-discovery, and makes interesting friends. Passable." -