Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.4

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 16:21:06 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 7/25/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:
I've now moved on a bit further. The changes I've made so far are below.

These take me as far as yelp (package 83 out of 133). Now I'm stuck
again, and I'm at my wits end trying to get past it :(

Honestly, I'd give up and consider the 2.15.4 moduleset to be broken.
It appears that it got regenerated for some reason and all the fixes
that were in it got overwritten.  I don't know why that happened, and
I don't know if Vincent knows.  I do know that an earlier version of
the 2.15.4 moduleset did have firefox available, had libdaemon in it,
had the correct version of libxklavier I believe, and probably a
number of other things that you are or will discover to be broken in
it.

I'd just use the 2.15.90 moduleset, available at
http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.15.90/.  I'm currently
building it right now and have gotten past yelp.  (If you really do
want to get the 2.15.4 moduleset to build though, do a diff of the two
modulesets, paying particular attention to mozilla, firefox, yelp, and
epiphany to get past this particular issue)

Did you get fontconfig to build?

I get the following:

  if /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I/usr/include/freetype2  -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations     -Wnested-externs
-fno-strict-aliasing -DFONTCONFIG_PATH='"/opt/tarball-gnome2/etc/fonts"' -I.. -I../src    -g -O2 -MT
fcfreetype.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/fcfreetype.Tpo" \
            -c -o fcfreetype.lo `test -f 'fcfreetype.c' || echo './'`fcfreetype.c; \
          then mv -f ".deps/fcfreetype.Tpo" ".deps/fcfreetype.Plo"; \
          else rm -f ".deps/fcfreetype.Tpo"; exit 1; \
          fi
   gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing
-DFONTCONFIG_PATH=\"/opt/tarball-gnome2/etc/fonts\" -I.. -I../src -g -O2 -MT fcfreetype.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/fcfreetype.Tpo -c fcfreetype.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/fcfreetype.o
  fcfreetype.c:53:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>

The line in question reads:

 #include FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H

I've done a recursive grep through the package and can't find any
reference to FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H besides that particular line.

Any suggestions?

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The man who is denied the opportunity of taking decisions of
importance begins to regard as important the decisions he is allowed
to take.
     -- C Northcote Parkinson