Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.4

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 08:43:56 -0300, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
Em Dom, 2006-07-23 às 09:10 +0100, Magnus Therning escreveu:
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 16:29:20 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 7/21/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:
I followed the instructions at
http://blogs.gnome.org/view/newren/2005/10/04/0 (substituting URLs of
course). jhbuild bootstrap succeeded, but

 % jhbuild -m  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/releng/2.15.4/gnome-2.15.4.modules  build
 jhbuild list: dependent module "libdaemon" not found
 usage: jhbuild [ -f config ] command [ options ... ]

The moduleset was broken; I've put libdaemon back in the freedesktop
modules file again in that directory on the server.  It should work
now.

Thanks for catching this.

My pleasure :-)

I copied the entry from another freedesktop modules myself after
figuring out a bit more how the whole thing works. It allowed me to move
on to the next problem:

GTK+
----
gtk+ configure complained about no libtiff. I modified its autogenargs
to include --without-libtiff. I didn't even try installing the correct
dev package on my system. (Should libtiff be added to the
pre-requisites?)

libdaemon
---------
libdaemon configure complained about missing lynx. I installed it.
(Should lynx be added to the pre-requisites?)

avahi
-----
avahi configure first complained about gdbm. Installing libgdbm-dev
solved that.

Then it complained about D-Bus bindings for Python. Installing the
distro packages for this did no good, I assume that is since jhbuild
pulls in its own python, right? Adding --disable-python-dbus allowed me
to move on.

Then it complained about gdbm bindings for Python. This is where I gave
up. :-(

It should work if you rebuild python after libgdbm-dev was installed.

Yes, that seemed to work. I'm a little disappointed 'jhbuild' didn't
check it as part of its sanitycheck :(

What about the python-dbus, how do I get it?

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
     -- Albert Einstein