[gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.4

I followed the instructions at
http://blogs.gnome.org/view/newren/2005/10/04/0 (substituting URLs of
course). jhbuild bootstrap succeeded, but

 % jhbuild -m  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/releng/2.15.4/gnome-2.15.4.modules  build
 jhbuild list: dependent module "libdaemon" not found
 usage: jhbuild [ -f config ] command [ options ... ]

This is on a Debian Sid system. Since 'jhbuild bootstrap' pulled down
python 2.4.3 despite

 % dpkg -l python2.4
 +++-==============-==============-================================================================
 ii  python2.4      2.4.3-7        An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.4)

I guess this doesn't matter:

 % dpkg -l libdaemon\*
 ii  libdaemon-dev  0.10-1         lightweight C library for daemons
 ii  libdaemon0     0.10-1         lightweight C library for daemons

Any hints?

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

If you can explain how you do something, then you're very very bad at
it.
     -- John Hopfield