Re: [gnome-love] About Me - Change Password dialog suggestions

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 22:21 +0100, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:

They are in my opinion also the same bug. Probably would have been
better to have added your proposal to #321567. Just suggest your user
interface improvement in that bug.

OK, should I make a new comment to that bug regarding the interface,
even though my bug has been marked as a duplicate?

Also do not put everything in one bug report. Using a different backend
should be another bug report.

I didn't write about using a different backend in that bug. It only
concerned the user interface...

Furthermore it really helps if you already come with the patch. People
file zillions of requests and ideas. Maintainers and developers usually
don't go through bugzilla for looking what feature to implement next.
They usually implement what they find important or nice to do.

I never asked the maintainer to implement it. In fact, I said I would be
happy to work on it myself. What I asked for was directions/advice/etc.
I wanted to start a discussion about it, because I'm unsure how to
approach the problem.

Sorry, I meant to say that if you submit a small patch with a small
improvement it is easier attention of the maintainer (they are usually
very busy and receive loads of bugmail). If you start submitting patches
maintainers start to know you and because of that it is also easier to
get directions/advice.

Yes, I understand.
Btw, if I change the glade interface of a program, should I submit a
patch to the original glade file, or should I submit the complete glade
interface?
--
Johannes H. Jensen <joh deworks net>
deworks