Re: [gnome-love] About Me - Change Password dialog suggestions

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 21:09 +0100, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
Johannes,

As Claudio suggested the best way is to file this in bugzilla. The
about-me maintainers will then automatically see it.

I posted a bug (#328754) about this on the bugzilla. However the
maintainer marked it as a duplicate of bug #321567. Though I see that
the two bugs are somewhat similar in some points, I don't think they are
near a duplicate of each other. I read through #321567 before posting my
new bug, thinking my suggestions didn't fit into the bug.

Furthermore it really helps if you already come with the patch. People
file zillions of requests and ideas. Maintainers and developers usually
don't go through bugzilla for looking what feature to implement next.
They usually implement what they find important or nice to do.

I never asked the maintainer to implement it. In fact, I said I would be
happy to work on it myself. What I asked for was directions/advice/etc.
I wanted to start a discussion about it, because I'm unsure how to
approach the problem.
--
Johannes H. Jensen <joh deworks net>
deworks