[gnome-love] Re: Surrealist experience when trying to get some love at the gnome irc network

Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:46:01 +0100, Masataka Takayanagi:

Yesterday, while dscussing things in #gimp I mentioned Gentoo, what
happened next is surrealist, to qualify it as something.

That's probably part of the reason why some Gentoo packages advise you not
to seek help in the irc channel of that package or report bugs.

It's sad. Sure, there is some truth to it; we got a few fanboys and kiddis
who can't stop messing with insane cflags, but if you look at the last
Gentoo user survey, most users actually don't use Gentoo because of
possible optimizations but rather because of its package system. So most
of us are just normal people who don't deserve to get kicked out of a
channel because of the distro we chose.