[gnome-love] Surrealist experience when trying to get some love at the gnome irc network

Hello.

I'm a gnome user who also is knowedge-able when it comes to code (I
work as a developer) and may want to cooperate in the future. I've
been into the gnome irc network for a year or so, where I talked with
friendly people about gnome stuff.
Yesterday, while dscussing things in #gimp I mentioned Gentoo, what
happened next is surrealist, to qualify it as something.
I ended up disrespectful insulted then glined by Yosh, a network
operator. The whole log is attached. In my opinion, and in the opinion
of the people, logs in hand, I've talked about the issue, this isn't
the behaviour one could expect from a good samaritan.
For me it won't be a problem, I'll just get a different IP with dhcp,
a different nick, usermask, etc. and forget about it, but here I leave
this, because something must be done for those things not to be
repeated again. Not in Gnome.