Re: [gnome-love] Surrealist experience when trying to get some love at the gnome irc network

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:11:57 +0100, Alexander Boström
<alexander bostrom net> wrote:
fre 2004-11-05 klockan 21:46 +0100 skrev Masataka Takayanagi:
but here I leave
this, because something must be done for those things not to be
repeated again. Not in Gnome.

you to shut up and go away, and ban you, because most Gentoo users on
IRC are a pest.

I don't think the generalization is valid.  I really dislike how it
appears things turned out.  Granted, I'm not going to argue with an
irc op or with someone who's channel op in a different channel
(especially since I can't be certain I have all sides of the story),
but I think that in the small area of irc where I'm one of the channel
ops things are different.  I don't use Gentoo myself, and yes, I've
seen really annoying Gentoo users--but I've also seen several who have
done tons of work for Gnome.  IIRC, Matthew, who is currently second
on the weekly bug summary
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/weekly-bug-summary.html) and has
closed over 100 bugs this past week, is a Gentoo user.

Also, personally, I think it's awesome when I'm triaging a bug in
bugzilla and see that a Gentoo user is reporting it--because I don't
have any qualms in asking them to recompile and/or do a bunch of other
things to collect information about the bug.  Far more often than with
users of other distros, I actually get that extra information too.

*shrug*

Elijah