Re: [gnome-love] At last.................... I made it.......

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 13:03 -0400, Archit Baweja wrote:
Hey

Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> writes:

wallpaper selector that it is included in gnome-control-center. That
would probably mean use plain gtk instead of gtkmm and it would not be
"your" program anymore, but I'm sure that your pride would be satisfied

I don't get that? Any component chosen as part of the core gnome components
is not the original author's program? why? how?

That wasn't what I meant (sorry, I'm not native eng speaker)... What I
meant it's just that when you write a standalone program you are pretty
proud of it and sometimes it may be hard for the author to see it become
a patch to a program written by someone else. For instance you don't
have full control of design directions or of UI decisions... on the
other hand such an author should consider that merging his work into the
core components allows his code to reach a wider audience and to improve
the gnome desktop. Beside getting the code reviewed by the maintainer of
the core component it's often a learning experience.

Hope I made myself clearer :)

ciao
        paolo