[gnome-love] gnome-keyring and PAM

I have a few questions about gnome-keyring that I would like to discuss with
the gnome-love folks:

Would it make sense to write a PAM module that unlocks the default keyring
automatically when a user logs in using the user's system authentication
token?  I have experience programming with PAM and may be interested in
implementing this.

On a semi-related note, has there been any talk about making a
gnome-keyring-like desktop-independent interface and creating a
freedesktop.org standard out of it?  It seems like the gnome-keyring/KWallet
backends would be great candidates for a merged standard.

--
Mike